Crimson Curse – GWENT’s first expansion, is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One! With this update, we’ve added over 100 new cards and 5 new leaders to the game, as well as introduced some balance tweaks to the Base Set cards!
Full list of changes:
- The card shader has been reworked and has different lighting behavior during gameplay. Card art should now be more vivid.
- The "shimmer" effect for disabled premium cards has been replaced with a glittering border effect.
- New Monsters Leader: Dettlaff van der Eretein
- New Nilfgaard Leader: Anna Henrietta
- New Northern Realms Leader: Queen Calanthe
- New Scoia'tael Leader: Dana Méadbh
- New Skellige Leader: Svalblod
- New page in the Reward Book for new Leader Trees
- 101 new cards from the Crimson Curse expansion
- Card abilities that trigger from damage and boost effects will not be triggered by abilities that "set" a unit's power.
- Visual changes to card status icons.
- Visual changes to icons for Order and Charge abilities.
- Letting your turn timer expire 4 times during a single game will cause you to auto-forfeit.
- 57 new Contracts - subdivided as follows:
- 44 General (for new CC keywords)
- 11 Mastery (for CC Leaders)
- 2 Arena (for CC cards)
- Added audio feedback for applying and removing card statuses.
- Cardbacks can now be rotated in the cardback selection screen.
- Ambient sounds for game boards can now be heard in the game board selection screen.
- In the Shop, press and hold the shoulder buttons on gamepads in order to add and subtract from the total keg amount you would like to purchase with Ore.
- The Lock status no longer removes other card statuses and no longer remains on cards after entering the graveyard.
- Cards with the Doomed status are now Banished when they leave the board rather than after entering the graveyard.
- A new card type called "Strategem" has been added. Cards of this type cannot be targeted by any other cards. This card type currently applies only to Tactical Advantage.
- Alzur's Double-Cross provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
- Avallac'h: Sage's power changed from 2 to 1 and his provision cost changed from 12 to 11.
- Caretaker's power changed from 3 to 2 and his provision cost changed from 12 to 14.
- Chironex's Deploy damage amount changed from 4 to 3.
- Unicorn's Deploy boost amount changed from 4 to 3.
- Commander's Horn boost amount changed from 3 to 2 and its provision cost changed from 14 to 11.
- Duda: Agitator and Duda: Companion (special cards Spawned by Zoltan: Scoundrel) now have the Doomed status.
- Eskel's power changed from 3 to 2 and his provision cost changed from 7 to 8.
- Lambert's power changed from 3 to 2 and his provision cost changed from 7 to 8.
- Vesemir's power changed from 3 to 2 and his provision cost changed from 7 to 8.
- Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream provision cost changed from 11 to 13.
- Nivellen's power changed from 5 to 4 and his ability changed to: "Deploy: Move 3 adjacent units to their other row".
- Roach's provision cost changed from 9 to 10.
- Royal Decree's provision cost changed from 12 to 11.
- Eredin Bréacc Glas's provision bonus changed from 15 to 16 and his Leader ability changed to: "Order: Boost a unit by 4 and give it a Shield."
- Gernichora's provision bonus changed from 13 to 11.
- Whispess: Tribute's provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
- Crach an Craite's provision bonus changed from 17 to 16 and his Leader ability can now only target enemy units.
- Birna Bran's provision cost changed from 8 to 10.
- Ermion's provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
- Heymaey Skald's power changed from 4 to 3.
- Queen Meve's provision bonus changed from 17 to 16.
- Keira Metz's provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
- Brouver Hoog's provision bonus changed from 15 to 14.
- Isengrim's Council provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
- Paulie Dahlberg's power changed from 5 to 6 and his ability changed to: "Order: Boost the unit to the left by 2, or give the unit to the right a Shield."
- Morvran Voorhis's provision bonus changed from 18 to 17.
- Ceallach Dyffryn's power changed from 5 to 3 and his ability changed to: "Deploy: Purify all allied units on this row."
- Ability of Cow Carcass (unit Spawned by Rot Tosser) changed to: "Doomed. Spying. On enemy turn end, give adjacent units Poison and destroy self."
- Rot Tosser's power changed from 2 to 3 and its provision cost changed from 7 to 5.
- Vattier de Rideaux's provision cost changed from 12 to 11.
- Bran Tuirseach's and Coral's passive abilities no longer trigger when the opposing player uses Kambi to Discard a card from hand.
- Fixed an issue whereby timers/counters for certain units' abilities would sometimes not display correctly.
- Fixed an issue whereby, when using a gamepad, canceling a match search in Seasonal or Classic mode would result in Training mode being selected.
- When using a gamepad, upon accessing the Play menu, Classic mode will now be the mode selected by default rather than Seasonal.
- Fixed an issue on the PlayStation 4 version of GWENT whereby, after resuming GWENT from Rest Mode, a pop-up for a disconnected controller would appear but could not be dismissed.
- Fixed an issue on the PlayStation 4 version of GWENT whereby pressing the Square button on the Play Menu in order to edit a deck would load a different deck than the one selected.
- Fixed an issue whereby the "turn button" would flash during the opponent's turn.
- Fixed an issue whereby the ability of Botchling (and Lubberkin) would cease working after being moved to another row.
- Fixed an issue whereby the "'Tis not Right!" contract was not listed under "The Witcher Tales" filter in the contracts menu.
- Added a prompt in Leaders' card preview screens within the Deck Builder stating that the Leader used in the given deck cannot be milled.
- Tooltip of Mastercrafted Spear in Korean now correctly states "Damage an enemy by 1" rather than "Damage an adjacent enemy by 1."
- Tooltip of Slave Driver in French now correctly states that all units are taken into account for his ability rather than only Locked enemy units.
- Tooltip of Coral in Polish now correctly states "Whenever you Discard a special card" rather than "Discard a special card."
- Fixed an issue in the Polish version of GWENT whereby Egan was incorrectly referred to as Auckes in Letho of Gulet's tooltip.
- In the Player Profile screen under the Ranked Score tab, the description of Match Progress in the Legend now displays the correct value of matches needed for match progress maximum potential.